The Top 3 Things I Learned From The Eben Pagan Guru Product Plan Seminar
The Eben Pagan Guru Product Plan Seminar shows how to test product ideas quickly online while investing little money so that your success is all but guaranteed.
So after sifting through my notes, I’ve hunkered down and boiled down what I believe to be the top 3 things you could learn from this seminar…
1. The Underlying Formula
- The customer doesn’t want products or techniques – they want an outcome!
- People want value. The way we offer them value is in the form of results which is in the form of our info products
- We are not selling info – we are selling results
- Selling a tangible, measurable result that the person can expect to experience in the real world dramatically increases the price you can ask for your product
2. What is value?
- Value is something that a person receives from someone else that they perceive will make their life better, solve a problem or give them a result they want
- Utility & incentive
- Utility – the actual satisfaction value someone gets when they consume something
- Incentive – the expectation of some utility or satisfaction from something
- Value is an ideal
What is it to value something?
Take the time to ask how are the valuing the problem they are having and how would they value the solution?
We need to understand how they think, what emotions they are having and drilling down to that one highest value leverage point that you can out into a product so it will sell itself.
We want high value products that are tailored to their needs so that your customers say to themselves – I never knew someone could understand this at this level
Eben Pagan believes the highest form of value to the customer is the result that they want – this is your incentive
What kind of result do they want?
- Mental/logical result
- Emotional result
- Physical tangible result
We like to assume that they want to feel better and know that their problem is solved. In a way that is true but what they really want is something tangible because they can see, feel, or hear it.
If you’re not selling a tangible result, you are selling magic beans
- They want Specific, Tangible, Measurable, Observable & Physical results
- If you overcome this in your mind you just start thinking in terms of:
Becoming more specific and drilling down what they want and forcing yourself to think external and tangible. (In this post here you’ll see the ingenious process that Eben Pagan lays out for drilling down to what your perfect prospect really wants)
The person who wants to find romantic relationship wants to be holding hands with another human being. The person who wants to lose weight wants to see 20lbs less on the scales.
3. The Wrong Process
Most people going into the info marketing business think that they should take everything they know and spew it into a book or video and sell it.
The problem here is that this approach is focused on the author – not the customer.
Instead we should find the need the customer has, the result they want and use all of our knowledge to give them that result.
We want to come up with all the things they want, one at a time, take everything we know and help them get that result.
You only need 5 or 10 of them.
When you do this, you communicate to your prospects in way where they can say, “Wow, you really get this and you can help me!”
If you can describe another person’s problems better than they can, they unconsciously automatically assume you have the solution.
Most people who create info products or services promote the general things rather than drilling down on the nitty gritty things that are important to them. Don’t follow the herd!
So there you have it, my top 3 strategies you could learn from the Eben Pagan Guru Product Plan Seminar.
Have fun taking what you learned here and putting it into action,
PS. If you want the MyNoteTakingNerd notes on some of the most treasured Eben Pagan insights on the topic of selling the hell out of information products, you definitely want click here to get your hands on what we have here